Monday, January 7, 2013

The chair lift

Image Source

After spending a week skiing with my family, and on my new quest for the extraordinary, I have come up with a theory that the best part of skiing is the chair lift.  It doesn't matter how many vertical feet you go up, or how much powder there is below, the minute you get on the chair lift the feeling is the same.  There is always an adrenaline rush. Granted, on some hills that rush might be smaller than others, but it's there none the less, and doesn't leave till you get off the chair.  I think it is the only place  I can get more than one word answers out of my nine year son. The guy doesn't stop talking on the chair lift. When riding it by myself, I am sure I can solve world peace or how I am gonna find enough vintage sweaters to produce our fall 2013 collection.  I may not be able to solve all the problems in the world, probably need a few more rides to deal with that world peace thing,  but by enjoying every minute on the chair lift, I  have found a great way to enjoy skiing, no matter how high the mountain!

1 comment: